- Personalization- A coach will design a plan that will fit you best. Every athlete is different as some athletes can handle higher mileage while others can not. Some athletes recover more slowly than others, therefore they may need more recovery days in between hard efforts. A personalized plan will also be designed to fit your schedule as our family, work, and daily lives can be very crazy sometimes. A coach will adjust the training program to fit your lifestyle!
- Motivation: A coach will be able to give you encouragement in your daily training. Some days will be a struggle so having a coach to give you encouragement and hold you accountable is one of the keys to reaching your goals!
- 2nd Set of Eyes: Sometimes you just need someone else to take a look at your training as they may pick up on an area you need to work on. A coach will also be able to push you when you need it and have you ease up if you are overtraining/sick. Distance runners can be very competitive and we have a tendency to over train so having a second set of eyes to oversee the training will prevent this from happening.
- Let someone else do the hard work: Coming up with a good training program can be very time consuming and stressful. If you have someone else do it for you then you can focus on your training/racing more. And let’s face it that is the fun part!
- Staying on top of the little things: A good running coach will make sure you are doing the little things that we tend to skip. Things like stretching, foam rolling, strength work,and core work done regularly will help keep you healthy!
- Strategy/ Race Goals/ Mental Game: A personal coach will also help you come up with race strategies. Having someone else do the hard work of coming up with the race strategy will allow you the runner to just focus on your training and not stressing about the little things. Having a coach help set a tough but attainable goal is also a benefit of a good coach/athlete relationship.
If you have an questions or want to explore this option I would love to hear from you! Even if you have never run before and just want to get in basic shape message me as we can design a program that will motivate you to succeed!