Sunday, August 6, 2017

Weekly Training July 31- August 6

This week I had a bit of a scare on Friday with my foot flaring up but I was able to get it under control pretty quickly. The good news is the flare up was just pain on the outside ankle and not in my heel or Achilles. I believe I tweaked it a bit when wearing a newer pair of shoes that was not broken in. After doing some icing and stretching it is feeling much better now. This was my highest mileage week since January and another positive step in the right direction. 13 Weeks to go until NYC!

Monday: AM- 15.1 in 1:45 ( 6:58 pace). Med/Long day after the long run. Solid day after running 19 yesterday.

Tuesday: AM- Easy recovery run. 11.1 miles in 79:30 ( 7:10). Pretty tired this morning.
                   PM- Easy shakeout. 5.2 miles in 40:00 ( 7:40 pace)

Wed:    AM- Easy with strides. Dragging a bit this morning so forced myself to run pretty slow. Did 6 strides at the park to loosen the legs up. 12.2 miles in 1:26:25 ( 7:05)

Thurs: AM- Workout Day. Humid morning. 3.6 warmup/ 1.9 cool down. Workout was 6 by 3 minutes with 90 sec rest. Covered just under 5.5 miles( 5:44 pace). Half mile jog then did 8 by 40 seconds hard with one minute recovery. Just to work on turnover when tired. Felt pretty good today. Total mileage: 12.5 miles
             PM-  Easy recovery shakeout. 5.1 miles in 39:00 ( 7:39 pace). Daily total: 17.6 miles

Friday: AM- No time just an easy 9.2 miles. Ran in a newer pair of Clifton 2's that I have had for a while. Still not broken in but I went with them and they really bothered my foot after the run.
             PM- Almost skipped this but gave a try and foot was better in a different shoe. Still sore though. 5.2 miles with no time on in. Total on the day- 14.4 miles.

Saturday- AM: Foot still tender but it is more the inside part of the ankle and not the heel. Hurts to move it ciruclar. Went to run at 8 and stopped as it was sore. Did core and stretched and tried again at 10 and it was better and pretty tolerable. Did 11.1 miles but I did not time it as I didn't think the run was going to happen!

Sunday-  AM: Easy long run. Cool weather today( 70) so I had to take advantage and go over 20 miles. Did 21.2 miles in 2:26:00( 6:53 pace)

Week Total: 108 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Training August 6- 13. 12 Weeks to NYC!

Another solid week of training! Starting to do some of my recovery runs without timing it. Running without a time on the run just allows me ...